Comprehensive chemical programs. No more plugging. We do the work.
- We immediately set up a NO-CHARGE site evaluation and send a Deerpoint representative to determine the exact problem.
- Our technical representative evaluates the site and collects water samples for analysis in our laboratory, so we can diagnose the problem(s).
- We prepare a written report with recommendations and a no-obligation proposal for the grower.
- We review the solution and our approach (our “program”) with the grower and obtain the grower’s approval.
- The DPG program is then installed by the Deerpoint service representative. It includes equipment packages geared to precisely and continuously feed our solution.
- The DPG program is maintained (analytical monitoring, chemicals, chemical feed rates, equipment maintenance and reports) at frequent intervals, as required by the amount of irrigation water used, to guarantee the performance and the cost.
- The entire DPG program is managed by Deerpoint – allowing the grower to do what the grower does best – grow their crop.
Overview of DPG Irrigation Water Treatment Programs
All of Deerpoint Group’s water treatment programs come with Deerpoint’s ongoing service to fill the chemical tanks, calibrate the feed pumps, monitor the water quality, and generally assure the performance of the programs.
DPG Continuous Chlorination®
Sanitation: DPG Continuous Chlorination® for sanitation is a safe, effective, economical chlorination program that results in irrigation water quality with virtually no harmful pathogenic organisms/bacteria, such as E. coli. The program includes ongoing monitoring and reporting of field chlorination rates and chlorine residuals to assure program performance.
Biological: DPG Continuous Chlorination® is a safe, effective, economical system for controlling algae, bacteria and other biological debris from plugging the irrigation system. It also controls root intrusion in buried irrigation systems.
DPG Continuous Chlorination® is suitable for all-organic farming applications.
CLEAR WATER® prevents the build-up of deposits in the irrigation system. CLEAR WATER® keeps filters, micro-sprinklers and drip emitters from plugging. CLEAR WATER® is very effective against inorganic deposits resulting from poor water quality containing calcium, magnesium, carbonates, bicarbonates, iron, manganese, silica and silt. CLEAR WATER® also aids in minimizing plugging when using fertilizers with poor quality irrigation water.
BLUE WATER™ is a program where we use labeled copper sulfate to control algae and certain weeds in reservoirs and canals used for irrigation.
DPG Shock Chlorination®
DPG Shock Chlorination® are programs tailored to the specific biological problem and site. These programs are designed to remediate significant build-up of algae, E. coli, emitter plugging, filter plugging, bacterial slimes and other biological debris. Typical programs treat reservoirs, canals, wells and irrigation systems.
DPG Shock Chlorination® is suitable for all-organic farming applications.
CLEAR OUT™ is a program designed to remediate wells that have been compromised, or irrigation systems that have been plugged, as a result of poor water quality due to inorganic components such as hard/alkaline waters. CLEAR OUT™ has also been successful in cleaning systems that have been plugged by the use of gypsum or fertilizers.
CLEAR WATER® Plus
CLEAR WATER® Plus is a program that is specifically designed to treat irrigation systems that have significant problems due to build-up of iron and/or manganese in the irrigation system.