Job Title: Safety Coordinator
Work closely with the Director of Environmental Health and Safety to, review, evaluate, analyze work environments and design programs and procedures to control, eliminate and prevent injury and illness caused by chemical, physical, biological agents or ergonomic factors. Conduct inspections and enforce adherence to laws and regulations governing the health and safety of individuals. Ensure compliance with company, state and federal regulations. Schedule all monthly safety training sessions, environmental audits, California Environmental Reporting System (CERS) reporting and commercial fleet safety assessments. More specifically:
- Monitor company safety programs and enforce all company policies and procedures to comply with local, state, and Cal-Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Audit existing health and safety programs and develop new programs, policies and procedures as needed.
- Conduct accident investigations, safety inspections and training as needed.
- Ensure proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) on every job performed.
- Maintain records of all safety training.
- Ensure fleet safety by effectively auditing Department of Transportation (DOT) inspections adhering to Electronic Logging Devices (ELD) compliance.
- Maintain safety in all phases of job performance, ensuring safe work practices are followed.
- Conduct field inspections and report findings to Director of Environmental Health and Safety.
- Fully and accurately complete Job Safety Analysis (JSA)/Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) with follow up training.
- Communicate safety and operational concerns to senior management immediately upon discovery.
- Manage and maintain a clean and organized work environment to ensure professionalism and efficiency.
- Develop and maintain current expertise in Deerpoint Group (DPG) chemical and safety best practices regarding hazards associated with chemicals.
- Optimize productivity by prioritizing time and tasks set forth by the supervisor, working independently or collaborate as needed.
- Work with the Director of Environmental Health and Safety to learn new skills, assume new responsibilities and cross train.
- Perform special assignments and projects as requested by leadership.
Bachelor of Science in Health Science – Environmental/Occupational Health and Safety Option or related field, 6 months of relevant work experience/internship experience, Completion of OSHA 510, 511, 501, 10 and 30 and current First Aid/CPR Certification.
Mail resume to Job101 HR, Deerpoint Group 1963 Independence Dr, Madera CA 93637